- On the source computer, make sure the source folder is a cubby.
- Copy your files from the source cubby to a portable drive.
- Physically take the portable drive to the target computer.
- Copy the contents from the portable drive to the target computer to your preferred location.
- Make sure the target computer is also running Cubby under your own account.
- Add the original cubby to the target computer:
- To add the cubby to the target, open the Cubby application, click SYNC > sync to this computer and then merge with existing folder.
Once you've seeded the target computer, Cubby makes sure the computers stay in sync.
Note for advanced users: Even when files are identical on both sides, Cubby performs data integrity checks that result in a certain amount of syncing and sync-like behavior.
- Cubby transfers roughly 600 KB per 1 GB for checksums.
- Cubby performs a CRC (cyclic redundancy check) that appears as a regular sync in the user interface. That means it may seem as if Cubby is resyncing your files.
- So if you are thinking "Why does it resync everything anyway?" Cubby is actually not resyncing, but checking the integrity of your data.