- Cubby MSI can only be deployed to Windows PCs
- Cubby must be installed per-user, not per-machine. For example C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\cubby
- You do not need to add users as Cubby team members before deploying the Cubby MSI
- You can download the Cubby MSI installer from cubby.com > Teams > deployment.
Deploy Cubby using Group Policy Objects (GPO)
Software Deployment Assign method
When using the Group Policy Assign method, remember that Cubby must be installed per-user.
We assume you have experience working with GPO software deployment.
- You, the IT person, download the Cubby MSI installer from cubby.com > Teams > deployment.
- You create an assigned MSI package for Cubby.
Cubby is automatically registered when users next log in to Windows.
- End users must successfully login to a Cubby account to complete Cubby installation.
End users will be prompted to log in to Cubby upon their next Windows login or when they click the Cubby desktop shortcut.
Software Deployment via Logon Script
You can also use a script to install the MSI.
We assume you have experience working with software deployment via script.
Remember that the logon script must be configured per-user!
- Windows runs the script upon user Windows login.
- Cubby is registered.
- Successful login to a Cubby account is then required to complete Cubby installation. Users will be prompted to login upon their next Windows login or when they click the Cubby desktop shortcut.
You can use the following optional parameters when distributing Cubby:
- email Enter a valid email that will be automatically displayed in the LogMeIn ID field when the user launches Cubby
- strictemail Prevent users from being able to modify their LogMeIn ID (email) on the login screen
Sample BAT file
@ECHO OFF rem silent install example with the logged in username variable Msiexec.exe /i "location_of_the_ Cubby.msi" /qn /l*v "location_ of_the_ intended_ install_ log" EMAILemail@example.com STRICTEMAIL=1 rem silent uninstall example rem Msiexec.exe /x "location_of_Cubby.msi" /qn /l*v "location_of_intended_uninstall_log" @ECHO ON
Deploy Cubby using One2Many in LogMeIn Central
One2Many is a feature in LogMeIn Central that allows you to execute, manage, and monitor administrative tasks on multiple LogMeIn Pro Windows computers.
Requirements to use this deployment method:
- Cubby enterprise subscription (paid or trial)
- LogMeIn Central subscription (paid or trial)
- LogMeIn Pro on each remote Windows host to which you want to deploy Cubby
Because Cubby must be installed per-user, the deployment flow looks like this:
- Download the Cubby MSI installer from cubby.com > Teams > deployment
- Use LogMeIn Central One2Many to distribute the Cubby MSI to a location accessible to all users on a given host.
Tip: Learn how to distribute files with One2Many: https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/Webhelp/CentralUserGuide/LogMeIn/t_otm_distribute.html
- You then have at least two options for running the installer:
Option 1. Use One2Many to distribute a BAT file that will install Cubby to the proper user account. See the sample BAT file above.
Option 2. Ask end users to log in to their Windows account and run the Cubby installer.
Troubleshooting Cubby Deployment
Q. What if Cubby is already installed on a target machine?
A. The remote installation will fail. Ask the user to remove Cubby. Try again.
Q. I used the email parameter. Why doesn't the email show up?
A. Make sure you entered a valid email.
Remember: Download the Cubby MSI installer from cubby.com > Teams > deployment.