Q. Why is LogMeIn shutting down Cubby?
product development efforts at LogMeIn have always centered on enabling
employees and individuals to simply and securely connect to their
devices, applications, and files. In an effort to focus our current
product portfolio, we took Cubby’s most used features (file storage and
sharing) and built them into LogMeIn Pro to create a more complete way to
connect to the content and devices you need, all in a single product
- As a
Cubby Basic user, you will have
access to your files and Cubbies until November 16, 2016.
Q. How long will my files be in Cubby?
- You will have complete access to your files and Cubbies until your account’s expiration date. Please plan to move or migrate your files off Cubby before that date.
Q. Once I’ve moved my files to another storage solution, how do I delete them from Cubby?
- To delete your files from your Cubby account, disconnect them from each of your devices. Instructions can be found in this article.
your trial ends, you will have access
to Cubby until November 16, 2016. Please plan to move or migrate your
files before that date.
Q. What happens if I don’t move my files off Cubby by my expiration date?
- Once the expiration date passes, you will no longer have full Cubby functionality, including the ability to sync between devices, work offline, share links, etc. After your expiration date, your account will go into read-only mode allowing you to download your files for an additional 60 days.
- With read-only mode, you will only be able to log into your Cubby account from a web browser and download existing files and folders, but you cannot upload new data.
- Existing public links will remain active, but you cannot create new ones.
- The easiest way to get
all of your files is to use the Cubby desktop app. Please note that you
will need to download your files from Cubby by your expiration date. Here
is how to move your files:
- Go to the computer to which you want to save your files.
- Install the Cubby desktop app, open the app and login.
- Hover over the folder you want to download, c
- Once synced, you can simply upload them to the service of your choice, such as Dropbox, Box or OneDrive.
For additional help with this process, you can read this article or watch this quick tutorial.
- Identity management represents one LogMeIn’s top
three strategic growth initiatives, along with join.me in collaboration and
Xively in the Internet of Things. In 2015 we took a bold and significant step
toward expanding LogMeIn’s role in the identity market and accelerating its
identity strategy with the acquisition of LastPass, the recognized market
leader in password management. Moving forward, we will be focusing our
investments on these core lines of business.
Q. How does this affect join.me users?
Pro users were transitioned to a separate cloud storage service for their
meeting recordings in January and all of their recordings can be found under
the join.me website. join.me Pro and Enterprise tiers now offer unlimited
recording storage for new and existing customers.
Migrating to LogMeIn Pro
Q. When can I migrate my files to LogMeIn Pro?
- As a
Cubby Basic user, you can log into your account on Cubby.com and click
“Migrate” at the top of the screen. You can start this migration at any
time before the November 16th shut down.
Q. How does the user benefit from Pro?
individuals and small businesses simple and secure, anywhere, anytime,
access to their work. The new file storage features of Pro will benefit
customers by providing them with 1 Terabyte of storage (equal to 17,000
hours of music, or 500 hours of movies) for all their files and the
ability to share with unlimited users. They will also benefit from
Premium password management and speed improvements. These new features
are in addition to Pro’s best-in-class remote control offering which
includes fast and reliable remote access, desktop, iOS & Android
apps, multi monitor display, and two step verification.
Q. Does Pro have the same functionality as Cubby?
- LogMeIn Pro includes 1TB of file storage for all users, regardless of which Pro subscription package you choose. With Pro, you can also share files and folders with an unlimited number of users.
- LogMeIn Pro includes user level access controls to share files and folders only with specific users, however Pro does not include offline syncing.
Q. What type of content will not be migrated automatically?
- There are specific aspects of Cubby that will not be migrated into LogMeIn Pro, including DirectSync cubbies, Locked cubbies, temporarily & permanently deleted files, public links, file versions other than the latest, empty folders, cubby client setups, team setups, team members and team member permission, and any content stored deeper than 300 folder levels.
- Cubbies that are shared with you but not owned by you will also not be migrated to your own account.
Q. What happens to my Cubby files if I don’t purchase Pro after my trial?
- After your trial of LogMeIn Pro, your files will remain in read-only mode for 14 days, which means you can download files and folders, but you can’t upload new data.
- After 14 days, you will no longer be able to access your files in Pro.
Q. If I move my Cubby files to Pro, will my LogMeIn Pro subscription price go up?
- If you
choose to migrate to Pro, you will receive your LogMeIn Pro subscription
package at a discounted rate of $99 for the first year. After your first
year, your subscription package will renew at the list price.
Q. What happens to my Cubby files if I already have a LogMeIn Pro account?
- If you already have a LogMeIn Pro account, you can move your files to Pro for no additional charge. To do so, log in to your Cubby account and click “Migrate”. If you log in and do not see a “Migrate” button when you log into your account on Cubby.com, please contact Customer Care and ask to migrate your Cubby files to LogMeIn Pro.
Q. Will all of my cubbies be migrated to Pro in their current state?
- You current file structure in Cubby will be replicated when you migrate to LogMeIn Pro. This includes file and folder names, and all documents.