Q. Why is LogMeIn shutting down Cubby?
- Our product development efforts at LogMeIn have always centered on enabling employees and individuals to simply and securely connect to their devices, applications, and files. In an effort to focus our current product portfolio, we took Cubby’s most used features (file storage and sharing) and built them into LogMeIn Pro to create a more complete way to connect to the content and devices you need, all in a single product experience.
Q. What is my Cubby expiration date?
- As a Cubby Pro or Cubby Enterprise user, you can log into your account from a web browser to see your account’s expiration date. This date includes an additional 30 days from your original renewal date to allow you more time to evaluation options and move your files.
Q. How long will my files be in Cubby?
- You will have complete access to your files and Cubbies until your account’s expiration date. Please plan to move or migrate your files off Cubby before that date.
Q. Once I’ve moved my files to another storage solution, how do I delete them from Cubby?
- To delete your files from your Cubby account, disconnect them from each of your devices. Instructions on how to do so can be found on our Knowledge Base.
- Open the page by clicking your (the email address shown at the top-right of the Cubby home page) and then .
- On the Devices page, hold the mouse pointer over the device that you want to delete.
- Select and click .
Q. I just started a Cubby free trial and already moved my files to Cubby. How long will I have access to Cubby?
- Once your trial ends, you will have access to Cubby until November 16, 2016. Please plan to move or migrate your files before that date.
Q. What happens if I don’t move my files off Cubby by my expiration date?
- Once your expiration date passes, you will no longer have full access to your files in Cubby, including the ability to sync between devices, work offline, share links, etc.
- After your expiration date, your account will go into read-only mode, allowing you to download your files until November 16, 2017.
- With read-only mode, you will only be able to log into your Cubby account from a web browser and download existing files and folders, but you cannot upload new data.
existing public links will remain active, but you cannot create new ones.
Q. I'm not planning on using LogMeIn Pro. What is the easiest way to move my cubbies to another service?
- The easiest way to get all of your files is to use the Cubby desktop app. Please note that you will need to download your files from Cubby by your expiration date. Here is how to move your files:
- Go to the computer to which you want to save your files.
- Install the Cubby desktop app, open the app and login
- Hover over the folder you want to download, c
- After the files sync, your Cubby files will be on the local drive of your computer.
- Once synced, you can simply upload them to the service of your choice, such as Dropbox, Box or OneDrive.
For additional help with this process, you can read this article or watch this quick tutorial.
Q. I have multiple users in my Cubby account. Will they be notified of the shutdown? What about their content?
- Invited users will be alerted about Cubby’s retirement when they log in to their account online. Those users will be able to save important files and folders from Cubby to a new location; however, only the primary Cubby account holder (team administrator) has the ability to migrate files from Cubby to LogMeIn Pro.
Q. I am a Cubby user under someone else’s account. How long will I have access to my Files?
- Contact your Cubby Enterprise team administrator to understand when your account will expire. Only the team administrator will have the ability to migrate files from Cubby to LogMeIn Pro.
you may want to log in to Cubby and save important files and folders to
Q. I missed my expiration date and didn’t move my files from Cubby. What can I do?
- As a Cubby Pro or Enterprise user, after your expiration date, you will have read only access to your files until November 16, 2017. With read-only mode, you will only be able to log into your Cubby account from a web browser and download existing files and folders, but you can’t upload new data. Also, existing public links will remain active, but you can’t create new ones.
Q. What does Cubby’s shutdown mean for LogMeIn’s Identity and Access Management business?
- Identity management represents one LogMeIn’s top
three strategic growth initiatives, along with join.me in collaboration and
Xively in the Internet of Things. In 2015 we took a bold and significant step
toward expanding LogMeIn’s role in the identity market and accelerating its identity
strategy with the acquisition of LastPass, the recognized market leader in
password management. Moving forward, we will be focusing our investments on
these core lines of business.
Q. How does this affect join.me users?
- join.me Pro users were transitioned to a separate cloud storage service for their meeting recordings in January and all of their recordings can be found under the join.me website. join.me Pro and Enterprise tiers now offer unlimited recording storage for new and existing customers.
Migrating to LogMeIn Pro
Q. When can I migrate my files to LogMeIn Pro?
- Cubby Pro and Cubby Enterprise users will be able to migrate their files to Pro 60 days before the expiration date listed in the email announcement. At that time (60 days before expiration), you can log into your account on Cubby.com and click “Migrate” at the top of the screen.
- If you’d like to migrate your Cubby files to LogMeIn Pro and you do not see a “Migrate” button when you log into your account on Cubby.com, please contact Customer Care at 1-877-205-6380 and ask to migrate your Cubby files to LogMeIn Pro.
Q. How does the user benefit from Pro?
- LogMeIn Pro offers individuals and small businesses simple and secure, anywhere, anytime, access to their work. The new file storage features of Pro will benefit customers by providing them with 1 Terabyte of storage (equal to 17,000 hours of music, or 500 hours of movies) for all their files and the ability to share with unlimited users. They will also benefit from Premium password management and speed improvements. These new features are in addition to Pro’s best-in-class remote control offering which includes fast and reliable remote access, desktop, iOS & Android apps, multi monitor display, and two step verification.
Q. Does Pro have the same functionality as Cubby?
- LogMeIn Pro includes 1TB of file storage for all users, regardless of which Pro subscription package you choose. With Pro, you can also share files and folders with an unlimited number of users.
- LogMeIn Pro includes user level access controls to share files and folders only with specific users, however Pro does not include offline syncing.
- Cubby Enterprise customers will lose certain functionality with Pro, including the admin activity log, policy management, MSI deployment, domain-based administration, and ADFS integration, but they will have unlimited users, which was an additional cost with Cubby.
Q. With my Cubby account, I use DirectSync and Cubby Locks. Will there be similar features in LogMeIn Pro Files?
- We are not going to support DirectSync in LogMeIn Files, but we are considering introducing a 'zero knowledge' solution in Files that will prevent anyone but you from accessing your files.
Q. I have more than 1TB of data in Cubby. Can I move it all to LogMeIn Pro?
- Yes, please contact Customer Care at 1-877-205-6380. We’ll work with you to ensure everything gets moved over to your LogMeIn Pro account.
Q. What type of content will not be migrated automatically?
- There are specific aspects of Cubby that will not be migrated into LogMeIn Pro, including DirectSync cubbies, Locked cubbies, temporarily & permanently deleted files, public links, file versions other than the latest, empty folders, cubby client setups, team setups, team members and team member permission, and any content stored deeper than 300 folder levels.
- Cubbies that are shared with you but not owned by you will also not be migrated to your own account.
Q. What happens to my Cubby files if I don’t purchase Pro after my trial?
- After your trial of LogMeIn Pro, your files will remain in read-only mode for 14 days, which means you can download files and folders, but you can’t upload new data.
- After 14 days, you will no longer be able to access your files in Pro.
Q. What happens to my Cubby files if I already have a LogMeIn Pro
- If you already have a LogMeIn Pro account, you can move your files to Pro for no additional charge. To do so, log in to your Cubby account and click “Migrate”. If you log in and do not see a “Migrate” button when you log into your account on Cubby.com, please contact Customer Care at 1-877-205-6380 and ask to migrate your Cubby files to LogMeIn Pro.
Q. Will my Enterprise team be migrated?
- Enterprise teams are not migrated. That means team members and their permissions are not moved to LogMeIn Pro.
Q. Will my Cubby team members also move to Pro with the migration?
- Once your files have been moved, you will need to re-invite users to whom you want to grant to your files and folders. With LogMeIn Pro, you can allow an unlimited number of users.
Q. What happens to my Cubby files if I am already a user under someone else’s LogMeIn Pro or Central account?
- Your LogMeIn Files will be available when using your primary profile (labeled “Account Holder of…”).
Q. I use the content access feature in Cubby to browse my team members' content. How can I migrate their data?
- Just before you actually migrate your content, we will give you the option of moving all of your team's cubbies over to Pro. Look for the option called Migrate Team Cubbies.
Q. How can I re-create my Cubby team setup in LogMeIn Pro?
- You can refer to this article to learn about setting up and managing Users in LogMeIn Pro.
Q. Will all of my Cubbies be migrated to Pro in their current state?
- Your current file structure in Cubby will be replicated when you migrate to LogMeIn Pro. This includes file and folder names, and all documents.